Anniversaries are always best when celebrated because it marks a huge milestone in your relationship as a couple. That is why, when our 3rd couple anniversary came last July 13, 2017, I really did not think twice when I said that I want it to be celebrated in the Metropolitan Manila. Given that I am from Cebu, I know that the cost is terribly expensive, but I just went for it!
When you say Metropolitan Manila, there are quite a lot of romantic places to choose from. There is Ilocos Sur (Vigan, Pagudpud, and Laoag). There are Zambales, Batangas, Baguio, Sagada, Cavite, and Tagaytay. At first, I was really hooked up with Ilocos Sur. Unfortunately, Ilocos Sur is 10 to 12 hours away from Manila by bus, and that is just impractical given that I only have 6 days in Manila for this celebration. So, I chose my 2nd option, that is Tagaytay!
- From the airport, the best location to wait for a bus is at the Baclaran Highway. All the buses to Cavite will be there in no time. No need to go to really go to a proper terminal.
- Wait at the street across Baclaran Church.
- Any bus (DLTB Bus Co., San Agustin, etc) with “Tagaytay” at the signboard is fine.
- Travel is 1-3 hours, depending on the traffic.
- Bus fare is at Php 87.00 per person as of July 2017.
The only attraction we went to in Tagaytay is the Sky Ranch. Yes, we really are not into visiting as many attractions as we can. We just want to enjoy the view of the Taal Volcano while having fun.
- Are you on a tight budget? There is a karenderya just beside Sky Ranch. Our lunch was only at Php 50.00 per person.
- Again, if you are on a tight budget, do not eat inside Sky Ranch.
- If putting your things to the hotel first is too costly and a hassle for you guys, bring’em to Sky Ranch. Just bring them with you to avoid extra travel expenses.
- There are no package counters in Sky Ranch.
- Ride jeepneys. (Php 10.00 – Php 12.00 only)
Avoid tricycle rides. (Php 100.00 – Php 200.00 even very near locations)
Taxi rides are still at Php 40.00 plug in charge.
The Sky Ranch Adventure
Please allow me to say that the Sky Ranch adventures are really not that exciting. Perhaps it is safe to say that their adventures are for children and teens. If you are like me, a super adventurous person, you will really not enjoy their rides. Sorry to spoil. But there are still rides that I haven’t tried. Maybe there are more exciting than those I tried.
The Sky Eye
The best thing about the Sky Eye would be the view of the Taal Volcano and the air-conditioned Ferris Wheel Gondolas. *laughs This ride is a must-ride in Sky Ranch. Don’t miss it. Rate is Php 150.00 per person.
The rides are not challenging. laughs Trust me, people, when I say that it really is for children. This is the biggest coaster ride in Sky Ranch and I was bored riding it. cries Goodbye Php 100.00
Romantic Candle-lit Dinner at Pamana Restaurant
If you are looking for a place to have a romantic anniversary date, Pamana Restaurant is really the place to book a table into. Other than their healthy and delicious food, the place is heaven, and I am very happy we had our candle-lighted romantic 3rd anniversary dinner there.
They had big servings. They mean it when they say that the food is good for two, because that is really good for 2 to 3 people. I love you, Pamana! We had the following orders, and we were so full. Like, so full and happy! (Total bill: Php 1, 432.42):
- Seafood Paella (Our top recommendation!)
- Tinanglarang Manok
- Pork Sisig
- Ginger Juice Pitcher
- Guinumis for dessert
The Pamana Experience
Good food, good staff, and good place. Pamana Restaurant is such a bright jewel in Tagaytay. It is really a good place to spend quality time. Plus, they have this vintage theme and they really suit it. Even though there were a lot of insects at the terrace part of the place at night, the experience is still worth it.
- Dress up and blend in with the vibes of the place.
- Book a table in advance at Zomato.
The response time is fast!
- Make sure to take pictures. Capture the moments!
- No jeepneys stop at their side of the road, if you leave from there late at night, prepare to ride, a taxi or tricycle.
- Leftover? Take it out!
Our leftovers served as our breakfast for the next morning. Wise decision. *thumbs up
Zen Room Hotel Georgina
I was really scoring the Internet with a good hostel or hotel that offers a good air-conditioned room with free Swimming Pool at a cheap price. Good thing I found Hotel Georgina through Agoda. I did not book there because it was Php 1, 200 in the app. Check out the tips below, on what I did to book our room on a cheaper price.
The hotel is far from the highway, but they have a good cute room, and good staff. Their standard room is small, exactly good for two, but complete with amenities. I am very happy with their service!
And this is how we did during our morning swim!
(Because the price we booked included swimming pool. It was w/o breakfast, but we did not need to buy food, right? Because we still had some leftovers from the previous night.)
- Book at the Official Website of Zen Room.
They provide a lot of discounts, especially if it is your first time to book.
I had 20% discount when I booked our room. So, from the Php 1, 200.00 price rate at Agoda, I booked our room at Php 799.20. Look how much I saved!
- Hotel breakfasts are always expensive. Book rooms with breakfast inclusions. If there are none, be like us, save your leftovers! Or eat outside the hotel. There are a lot of karenderyas outside.
- Check-in at 2pm then check-out at 12pm. To get the most of your time there.
- Choose a place near the highway.
Zen Room Hotel Georgina was far from the highway, but you can still walk from there to the highway. We did exactly that to save up the tricycle fare. Bus stop for Manila is just by the highway. No sweat!
And there ends our Tagaytay anniversary Adventure!
The Summary of Expenses
Since during this Anniversary celebration, we still had other places to go to, I really wanted to spend less but not compromising the experience of our Tagaytay stay. This trip was actually perfect. For the overall expenses of less than Php 3, 4000.00, we already got to:
● Get the most of Sky Ranch;
● Eat with luxury with a romantic candle-lit dinner at Pamana Restaurant;
● Stayed at a high-quality hotel with free Swimming Pool pass.
And that cost is already for 2 people. With that, I couldn’t wish for a more romantic Anniversary getaway! Here is the itinerary and breakdown of expenses for those who would like to spend your anniversary the #TonDanFor3 way.
You, too, have a romantic and enjoyable Anniversary getaway! ♡